In this tutorial I’m going to show you how to install neoprene seat covers on your seats. IN this tutorial we install them in Jeep TJ, so let’s start. You should watch the video and/or read the transcript below.
- First you need to take your seat of by removing the bolts. For that you need the proper tools so you should check the bolts first and get the proper tools. Move seat forward and these is two more bolts so the seat would come right out. Sometimes the bolts can be extremely tight to remove, in the video below you can see how to step by step guide.
- After the bolts are screwed off and the seat is ready to be taken out you should use one hard beat to move it and then take it off your car.
- Neoprene is great because it’s highly water resistant and that makes them really easy to clean.
AS you can see there are belts in the prepared custom covers.
- Now you just start tucking the cover in the middle of the seat. Make sure you got the right side for the seatbelt. Start adjusting and make sure that everything is sitting where they should be. Start clipping the button and use straps to make it sit perfectly. Using straps to make the cover sit well, by clipping them to the bottom.
- So we have a bottom ready now, let’s proceed with top chair.
- Top easily slides over top and again, make sure that it sits well, slip the seat down and push the cover down, make sure you don’t hook up to screws. Adjust it make sure that the seat cover sits where it should be.
- Tie the straps together after you see that it fits perfectly.
- The front seats are easiest to get back, start from front bolts, make sure that the seat is lined up properly and screen up the rear bolts, make sure that the bolt goes in properly just but the seat a little to the bottom. Don’t forget to crack the bolts very good, this is for safety. They should be screwed very tight as you don’t want to see the seat coming off the front board.
As you can see it’s not hard at all to do it yourself and make your seats look like a brand new set, you have a total freedom to choose what kind of covers you want to put on your seats.